6.437 Inference and Information
- Lectures and recitations will be conducted live by Zoom and recorded for students in other time zones to view asynchronously.
- Detailed typeset class notes will be provided throughout the semester, with each installment available prior to the corresponding lecture.
- Recitations will make use of zoom breakout rooms to facilitate as much student-to-student interaction as possible.
- The class will have extensive on-line office hours that will also employ zoom breakout rooms.
- Collaboration on the problem sets is encouraged.
- The project component of the class is software-based, and collaboration is encouraged.
- Students are encouraged (but not required) to have tablets.
- The class will use Piazza as its discussion forum.
- The class will use Gradescope for online assignments, exams, and the project.
- The class will have a student-led online slack community to foster interaction and collaboration.